Pages

22 August 2013

(Paid) Work is Over

Friday was my last day at work. It is a bit bittersweet for this girl. As annoying as work can be at times, I enjoy the people I work with and I enjoy accounting. I will be back at it in time...but it will still be a transition into being a full time mom for a while. I now have less than a month before my due date. Based on statistics and the other women in my family, I'm tipping our little girl will be late. It's just as well - there's much to be done before she arrives. I am at once both in full nesting mode (time to clean the apartment from top to bottom!), and also so lethargic an entire day can pass without me giving much notice. (This is stange for me - I rejected being a housewife outright because I had no satisfactory outlets for all my energy and constant need to be productive). I imagine there is am extensive cocktail of hormones flooding my system right now that are taking my mind of my need to "do something" to being at home and getting the home ready. Being pregnant has been a challenge on many levels, but I am in constant aw of how nature has been slowly getting us ready to be parents - physically and mentally. Before I got pregnant, I wasn't really sure how I was going to be ready to handle the every beck and call of an infant. But it has happened. Nine months: not just for infact development - it also grows two fledgling parents (and I say "we" because apparently I give off pregnant lady pheremones that make my husband's testosterone levels drop and kick start his nurturing abilities. Truly amazing) This week I start my weekly visits to the ob/gyn. It's getting so real! Still have a lot of items on the list to purchase including a rocking chair (I'm insisting!). Tomorrow I will start some browsing for that. It's been a long time since I've gone to Ikea. I love that place! I'll have to stop by the cafe and contemplate a forbidden plate of Swedish meatballs... I'll probably be updating more often with shorter posts now that work is over. I'll have to dust off that expensive camera I bought last year for my photography course and take some photos. Until next time, Laurie p.s. sorry this post did not have paragraphs. Blogger is behaving badly and made me type all of this in HTML which I don't really know/remember.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Laurie! My name is Heather and I was wondering if you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete