Pages

23 August 2012

Weekend Photography Workshop

I realize that most of my blog posts of late have been focused on photography, but I promise a few new surprises in the near future.

Until then, I would like to talk about the Photo Workshop I participated in this past weekend.

Firstly, let me admit that I took over 1,200 images over the course of two days! It was incredibly tiring taking this workshop but I feel like my skill level improved...practice works!

The overall purpose of the workshop was to learn to work with light. Unfortunately, it was either raining or overcast the entire weekend so we really only got to practice with the diffused light that overcast days deliver.

Our first stop was a market about 45 minutes north of Melbourne called The St. Andrew's Market. It was my first time approaching strangers to ask them for their photo. The first lady I asked rejected me (sniff!) but I did manage to snap a few strangers' mugs.

Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning was landscape photography. I really enjoyed exploring nature with my camera. There are some interesting things to be found when you look closely!



St. Andrew's Market in Panton Hill, Victoria


A "detail" shot of some yummy baklava at a market stall



After the market, we shot images in an old cemetery. I wasn't really feeling it but I found this pretty wild flower vine growing.

Also found this dead tree with these weird orange fungi - I found it to be pretty photo worthy!

This is in The Botanical Gardens in Melbourne (that's the governor's mansion hiding behind that tree).

Red Succulents in the Botanical Gardens

In the Fern Gully in The Botanical Gardens

A busy bee collecting pollen in The Botanical Gardens.
 These are just a few of the many, many shots I took. Some were nice...many were out of focus. It was a great practice and I had a great time getting to know my classmates better.

Matt and I will be re-charging our batteries with a trip this coming weekend to a Super Secret location! (not really, but I like to create a sense of mystery that keeps you coming back for more!)

Tee-hee!

Until then, take care.

-Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment