At present we are trying to spend time with our friends here in Houston and tell them the big news. We are also trying to go through the house and clean it out which is stressful in and of itself.
There is a To-Do List about a mile long concerning the selling of the house, selling of our cars, cancelling memberships and utilities, and packing, storing, and hauling all our worldly possessions. We are a little bit stressed at the moment (but still sublimely excited about this wonderful opportunity to live in a foreign country).
This blog will be my way of communicating with friends and family back home about our day-to-day life in Melbourne. I can't even begin to imagine how much change and adventure we are faced with at this point...we are trying to maintain a one-day-at-a-time attitude so we can hold onto our sanity while we are getting the moving done.
There are a million thoughts racing through my head right now:
- What kind of food options are we going to be faced with? (we are already trying to prepare ourselves for the Tex-Mex withdrawal that will inevitably set in)
- What will the weather be like?
- How will I meet people/friends?
- Where will I do my clothes shopping?
- Where will we live? (I am hoping that we get to live here: http://www.freshwaterplace.com.au/)
This is sure to be a grand adventure - please stay tuned!